Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Future


We're back at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog after a week off for the Thanksgiving holiday.  This week the challenge is "Anything Goes" so you have no excuse not to play with us.  Don't forget the winner gets two free digital images of their choice from the Sassy Cheryl's store.

I will admit, I had this card made prior to the Ohio State/Michigan game.  During the game, I thought I was going to have to make another card.  That game was too close for comfort and the Buckeyes were quite lucky to come out of Ann Arbor with a win.  When I made this card, I was thinking Rose Bowl (because that's nothing to be ashamed of), but now the future might even be brighter than that thanks to Auburn.  One game at a time though.  Go Buckeyes!!! Beat Michigan State!!!

Oh.  Am I supposed to tell you how I made this card?  LOL.

I stamped an image from Kraftin Kimmie's "Hey Ghoulfriend" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Hammermill Color Copy Digital Cover.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I stamped the small Block O alphabet stamp from All Night Media with Marvy Cherry dye.  I added Crystal Stickles to the ball. 

The sentiment "The Future is Bright" is from Kraftin' Kimmie's "Hey Ghoulfriend" and was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  The "Ohio State Buckeyes" sentiment is from A Jillian Vance Design's "Ohio Game Day Stamp Set" and was also stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.

The banner was cut with a Memory Box die using patterned paper from The Paper Studio.  Scarlet cardstock frames the card panel.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!  Thanks so much, Auburn!  And perhaps, just perhaps, our Buckeye future is indeed bright!


9 comments:

Dawn said...

lol.. I love when you do these type...
I hear ya on that game! Lots of shouting was going on here!!

cute,cute,cute! love the card and your stellar coloring!

NOW, BEAT MICHIGAN STATE!

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Kecia, How adorable this is. So sweet and such a great image. Hugz, joann

Unknown said...

Your card is so special Kecia! Love it so much! Sweet image, love banner and sentiment.
Jasmina

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh so fun...and if it can't be Oregon, I am glad it's Ohio tracking for the top! Good Luck!

Turtle In The Sand said...

I was thinking of you during the game. When you finally won, I was as happy for you as the team! Your card is too funny, I love how you love your buckeyes.

Pat said...

Hey Kecia!! You crack me up with your "football" loyalties! This card is fabulous...and your coloring is perfection...as always!! Hugs. Pat

Cathy said...

At least SOMEONE has a team to cheer for this year. Your card is awesome and sooo fun !!! Beautifully colored and the embellishments and sentiment are perfect.

Sassy Cheryl said...

LOL. . .only YOU could turn a fortune teller around to have something to do with the Buck Eyes. Super clever and oh, so fun! Love it.

Ann English said...

It's a shame you aren't passionate about your team--hah! I think you get the prize for being a super fan-your creations rock!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...