Saturday, December 14, 2013

Poinsettia Christmas


I've been envisioning this card for a while now, and with Christmas so close, I knew I had better get this card done.

To make this card I used the gorgeous DRS Designs "Giant Poinsettia".   I stamped the image twice onto X-Press It cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black dye.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I did a faint spray of Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz onto the petals and added some crystal Stickles to the small berries in the middle.  I cut the twice stamped flowers with my detailed scissors and set aside.

I then preformed the resist technique on a glossy piece of cardstock. I repeatedly stamped DRS Designs "Polka Dot Background" with Versamark Watermark.  I applied some heat, and then applied Adirondack Pool dye onto the panel.  I used a paper towel to move and wipe off the ink. I framed this panel with black cardstock.

I then arranged the flowers onto this background panel I had created.  A portion of the flowers were cut, allowing just a small portion of one poinsettia to show.  I did use a Memento Tuxedo Black marker to ink up the swirl portion of the image and directly stamp onto the background panel.

Using DRS Designs "Christmas Multi Greeting" I inked up one "Merry Christmas" using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker and stamped directly onto the background panel.

Sure hope you have a wonderfully productive weekend.  I sure need to have one, LOL!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

Turtle In The Sand said...

This turned out great Kecia. Love the colors and the resist technique used for the background.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...