Thursday, December 26, 2013

Majestic Pines


Feeling a little flaky?  If you are, be sure to join the challenge on the DRS Designs blog "Frosted Flakes".  Free rubber stamps to one lucky participant, so I sure hope you join us.

For my card, I created a resist background with the DRS Designs image of "Snow Background".  To do this, I stamped the background repeatedly with Versamark Watermark onto glossy white cardstock.  I applied heat with my heat gun, and then added Brilliance Pearlescent Purple pigment ink and Whispers Rio Purple dye directly onto the cardstock.  I used a paper towel to rub the ink off of the snowflakes.

Then using waterbased markers from Tombow and Zig I colored directly onto the DRS Designs stamp of "Silhouette Majestic Pines" and stamped directly onto the glossy cardstock.

Torn white cardstock was added for the snowy ground, and a white cardstock circle for the moon.  I framed this wintery scene with black cardstock.

On a white cardstock base, I stamped a portion of the the DRS Designs "Stepping Back in Time Greeting" with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...