Thursday, December 5, 2013

Snowflake Resist


Thank goodness for Stickles!  The current challenge on the DRS Designs Blog is to use glitter.  My stamp room is already a mess, so I took the nice, neat easy way out and used crystal Stickles as a finishing touch on the torn paper used to create a snow covered ground.

I stamped the DRS Designs "Snow Background" onto white glossy cardstock and applied heat with a heat gun.  Then, using a resist technique, I smeared Distress It Tumbled Glass ink over the entire piece of cardstock and wiped with a paper towel.  Pretty cool effect.

The main image is from DRS Designs and is called "Snowman Bird Buddies".  I stamped it with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut with my detailed scissors.  I placed it into my snowy scene.

I tied a sheer white ribbon to the card, added a clear snowflake charm and framed the scene with black cardstock.

Hope you'll join us for this week's challenge.  One lucky participant will win some DRS Designs goodies!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...