Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rose Ceremony



Admit it.  You've watched The Bachelor.  That's where I got the idea for this card.

My Buckeyes are in another important game this weekend, this time with Michigan State for the Big Ten Championship.  I have all the respect for Michigan State and have wonderful gratitude for their head coach, Mark Dantonio (he was the defensive coordinator for Ohio State when Ohio State won the National Championship in 2002).

All projections are that Michigan State will go to represent the Big 10 in the Rose Bowl, win or lose.  They are worthy and have been snubbed in the past.  So, as a Buckeye, I say, "Sparty, will you accept this rose?".

Should Ohio State win, we're on to Pasadena too.  Only a week later to play for the National Championship.  Should Ohio State crush our hearts and lose, we'll be off to someplace else that really won't matter.

So here's truly hoping both Big 10 teams will be in Pasadena to kickoff 2014.

The image used on this card is DRS Designs "Sweet Offering Cutie Pie Kid". I stamped image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Hammermill Color Copy Digital Cover.  I colored the image with Copic markers and drew the Block O on his sweater.  I cut around the image with my detailed scissors.

The sentiment was computer generated.  I placed "Sweet Offering Cutie Pie Kid" onto the card panel and drew in a shadow with a marker. Scarlet cardstock was placed at the top of the card panel, and Buckeye Blend Divine Twine from A Jillian Vance Design was tied along this cardstock.  A football brad was added as a finishing touch.

So, I say...Go Buckeyes!  Beat Michigan State!   Let's all go to Pasadena!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...