Monday, August 13, 2012

The Cat's Out of the Bag

It's Monday! What better way is there to make a Monday more bearable, than with a Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions? This week’s SOTW is "Curiosity Cat" (1611-K). The SOTW is available exclusively to Repeat Impressions blog readers at 50% OFF with the special discount code from Monday, August 13 to Sunday, August 19. To get the discount code and more information about the SOTW, please go to the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.

For my card, I stamped "Curiosity Cat" (1611-K) onto X-Press It cardstock using Marvy black dye ink.  I colored the cat with Copic markers, and added a few strokes of Prismacolor pencils. I cut around the image.  Then, I stamped the image again onto a white paper bag and cut the bag portion of the image.  I pop-dotted the bag to give it a little dimension and to make it appear like that part of the cat really was in the bag.

I used a Nestabilities die to cut patterned paper from KaiserCraft and My Mind's Eye.  I paper pierced around this panel and faux stitched with a colored pencil.  I stamped the Repeat Impressions sentiment "The Cat's Out..." (2516-G) onto this panel with Versafine Onyx Black.  I added three small orange rhinestones to the panel, and then placed the bagged cat along the side.

The large panel of this card is actually the paper from a white paper bag.  I paper pierced around the bag and faux stitched.  I added some lace along the top of the bag panel, and then framed with black cardstock, and then patterned paper from KaiserCraft. 

Since the bag "opens" on the left side of the card, I thought it might be nice to add some cash or a gift card.






My Sloopy Dog was none too happy with me making a kitty-kat card, though if you are a friend of cats make sure you take the time to see the beautiful cards made by some of the other Repeat Rock Stars using the SOTW:


Dawn Bennett
Joy Hadden
Lynette Neus

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Meow.  WOOF!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a cute card, Kecia - love the idea of putting cash in it.

joy said...

Love the sewing and lace detailing! Great idea for adding the little "stash"!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Kecia, I love your 'bag' card. What a cute design and speaking of cute, love the image. I'm off to shop. Thanks for enabling:-)

Patti J said...

What a fun card, Kecia! Love the bag idea - you are SO clever! Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...