Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Talk to the Paw!

Repeat Impressions Rock Star Patti Gilliam challenged us to make a card using only the colors black, white, and one other color.  

I chose to use brown as my color, along with the mandated black and white.  I decided to stamp the Repeat Impressions image of "Wagging Pup" (8106-I) with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored this cutie pie with Copic markers and cut around the image with my Cutterbee scissors.  I used a Nestabilities circle die to cut a white circle.  I paper pierced around the circle and faux stitched with a colored pencil.  Using Marvy black dye, I stamped the Repeat Impressions sentiment "Talk to the Paw" (8102-D) onto the white circle. I added a bone brad to the circle next to the dog's paw.  I framed this circle by cutting black cardstock with a Nestabilities lace circle. 

Patterned paper from My Minds Eye, kraft, brown cardstock and white cardstock were used to make the layered panels of this card.  I paper pierced and faux stitched around the panel of My Minds Eye paper. 

A brown dog paw ribbon was tied and adhered to this square card for the finishing touches.


Join us in this Designer's Choice Challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  Read the details and show us your creations...you may just win a little something.

Also be sure to visit the other Rock Stars for some more inspiration:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! Come back in a couple hours....Believe it or not, another post is scheduled.

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Such a cute card, Kecia!

Cheri said...

Love, love, love it! Guess we both were thinking along the same lines. Heehee.

joy said...

Such a sweet card! The coloring is fabulous - and the sentiment is cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha! I am going to say this to my doggie the next time he barks at me to play...lets see what he does LOL! Darling take on the color challenge!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...