Thursday, August 2, 2012

Leaf Pig


I am not rushing the fall season.  I really, really, really don't want it to be fall yet, because I am still wanting to salvage this summer in some kind of satisfactory way.  But, I don't mind coloring up fall cards, especially when I get to use this cute little porker from Hambo Stamps.

I stamped this Hambo image called "Leaf Pig" (3223) with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers, and added some crystal Stickles to some of the leaves to make them sparkle.  I cut the image panel with a Nestabilities die. I paper pierced around this panel.  I framed it with some brown cardstock.

Other layers to the card were made with patterned paper from Daisy D's and Lasting Impressions.  Brown cardstock frames these layers as well. I did some more paper piercing and some faux stitching with a color pencil.

The sentiment was stamped with Marvy black dye onto a scrap (sorry, source unknown).  It too is from Hambo Stamps and is called "Have a Ball" (3212).  Three orange rhinestones put the finishing touches on this card.


Now, let's all return to summer.

4 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

Love fall too and that piggie inside that pile of leaves is adorable!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Ha! I remember my little piggies(oops I mean kiddies) playing in the piles of leaves like this! Super cute!

Ellen Taylor said...

That little pig looks like he is having a great time! Awesome card Kecia! Your coloring is terrific!

Sincerely, Ree said...

HA! Awww! I LOVE fall!
Cute card! You've done a beautiful job coloring the image! Fun colors, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...