Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Octopus



(Looking for the Repeat Impressions Designer's Choice Challenge?...scroll down, or click HERE.)

So, since an octopus has eight arms, can he have eight partners at the Hoedown?

As a Bacon Bit member of Team Oink, I am so excited to be coming over to the Hambo Hoedown for the next two months.  They are such fun challenges.  And the Hambo digi images are super cute (as are those Hambo Stamps in rubber that I had so much fun with in June and July )!

We are challenged this week with a tic-tac-toe board, meaning we have to choose three card elements in a row off the board.  I decided to go with a diagonal row: incorporating an octagon shape, twine, and a button.  And then, not realizing it, I actually had tic-tac-toe straight across along the bottom row: incorporating an octagon shape, charm and the color orange.  Yay me!

For my card, I printed the Hambo digital stamp "Octopus" onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the octopus with Copic markers and cut around the octopus with my Cutterbee scissors.

Then using a Nestabilities die-signs made for A Jillian Vance, I cut an octogon shape from X-Press It cardstock.  I sponged the octagon with with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I dry embossed this octagon with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, and framed with black cardstock.  I added some kraft paper to appear like the ocean floor, and added a purple star charm, and some "seaweed" using some green cardstock cut with a Memory Box die.  I adhered some glass crystal bubbles to the scene as well.

I cut the Hambo sentiment with a Nestabilities die and adhered a button tied with Baker's Twine.

The large panel of this card is made from patterned paper from Jillibean Soup, and also framed with black cardstock.


You'll definitely want to play tic-tac-toe with us at the Hoedown this week.  So much fun!  All of the challenge details can be found right here on the Hoedown Blog.  Remember you must use Hambo images to play along...but that's easy to do (there are some freebies here if you don't have any). If you play along this week, you will be sent next week's Hoedown image for free.  What a deal! Hope to "Sea" your creations soon!

6 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Kecia your card is so cute! The colors you've chosen are perfect and I love the bubble texture for the water, fun! Happy belated anniversary too, I hope you had a wonderful day with your hubby :)

joy said...

What great detailing! The tiny starfish, tiny bubbles and the bubble embossing is wonderful!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Awesome card Kecia!!!. That embossing background is perfect for a sea card. Great job!!!

Ellen Taylor said...

So cute Kecia!Awesome scene! Your card makes me smile!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is adorable, Kecia! I love that little octopus and the textured background is perfect!

Deborah Anton said...

Darling card Kecia! I love the bubble background! Perfect for the image!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...