Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sunflower In Bloom

Time for another Designer's Choice Challenge at Repeat Impressions. Rock Star Lynette Neus challenged us to make a card using one of many Repeat Impressions flower images.

I decided to go fall, since I'm in fall mode.  True the weather isn't autumn-like yet around here...but I sure am back to work with my first graders after having the summer off, and my beloved Buckeyes take the field on Saturday...so yes, let's call it fall.

I stamped the image of "Sunflower" (4313-K) with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut around the flower with my Cutter-bee scissors. In the center of the sunflower I added some brown Stickles.

I cut a circle with a Nestabilities die using patterned paper from Echo Park.  I paper pierced this circle and faux stitched using a colored pencil.  Then I cut a frame for this circle also with a Nestabilities die from beige cardstock. 

I added the Repeat Impressions sentiment "Brighten" (8623-D) by stamping directly onto the Echo Park circle with Versafine Onyx Black.  I added a sheer brown bow for the finishing touches.

Join us in this Designer's Choice Challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  Read the details and show us your creations...you may just win a little something.

Also be sure to visit the other Rock Stars for some more flowers.  Kinda like a little garden walk, if you will.

 I appreciate you visiting my blog today.  

5 comments:

Lynette said...

I love it, Kecia! That is one of my favorite RI images, and you have used it so wonderfully!

Cheri said...

Another gorgeous piece of work, Kecia. I love the sunflower - your coloring is perfect and your choice of design for it is fabulous.

redwasher1 said...

Wonderful coloring on your great flower image!!

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Kecia! The round shape is so unique, your coloring is fabulous, as always, and I love the gray color scheme! Beautiful!!!

joy said...

Gorgeous card -- I love the shape with the delicate bow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...