Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Floral on Kraft

Time for another Designer's Choice Challenge at Repeat Impressions. Rock Star Karen Hasheck challenged us to use scoring on our card.

I decided to stamp the Repeat Impressions image of "Daisies & Butterfly" (9203-) with Versafine Onyx Black onto kraft.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and cut around the image.  I added a little bit of crystal Stickles in the center of the daisies.

On another sheet of kraft I dry embossed with a folder from Darice.  I then used my extremely neglected Scor-It to create two scored lines to frame the dry embossing.

I stamped the Repeat Impressions sentiment "Happy Moments" (8616-E) onto the larger panel with Versafine Onyx black and added a black bow for the finishing touches of the card.

A corner rounder punch rounded the corners at the base of the card, and I framed panel with black and white cardstock.

Join us in this Designer's Choice Challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  Read the details and show us your creations...you may just win a little something.

Also be sure to visit the other Rock Stars for some more scoring inspiration:

I appreciate you visiting my blog today.  I hope you have many happy moments in your day.

8 comments:

Lynette said...

So, so pretty, Kecia! I LOVE the white daisies on kraft - awesome!

joy said...

Love the white on kraft - it is gorgoes! The filmy black ribbon is perfect!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow... this kraft inspired card is just gorgeous Kecia, I love it!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh I just love this card Kecia. I cracked up at your comment to my new digis. Hee.

Unknown said...

Kecia, this is so beautiful! Love the image on the kraft pape and your coloring is fabulous.

Karen Hasheck said...

I just never have time to get around and leave comments but I just had to come and say what an awesome card for my DCC challenge! Really pretty - and the scoring is a nice touch!

Cheri said...

Love this!!!! The kraft and the image worked so well together and then the embossing and the scoring just took it to another level. So gorgeous!!

Patti J said...

White on Kraft is one of my favorite things! Beautiful card, Kecia - thanks for the inspiration!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...