Monday, June 10, 2013

Wiener Roast

This card happened as a result of me being so excited about this a jillian vance design "Sunburst Swirl" background stamp.  It was late at night...I just wanted to stamp it onto a piece of cardstock before going to bed thinking I will use it at a later time.  When I awoke, I saw Sloopy and remembered the sunburst...and the phrase "wiener roast" came to mind.  And this is the card that resulted.

The a jillian vance design "Sunburst Swirl" was stamped with Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye onto white cardstock.  I did do a little orange colored pencil work in the center of the swirl.  I added an orange brad in the center.

Then on a piece of X-Press It cardstock I stamped the sunbathing dachshund from Cowtown Stamps with Marvy black dye.  I colored it with Copic markers and cut with detailed scissors.  I placed it onto my sunburst.

The sentiment was stamped with a alphabet set from Fiskers using Versafine Onyx Black.

I framed the sunburst scene with black and turquoise cardstock.

I made this card for JUN13VSNL's Challenge, "Who Let the Dogs Out?".  The challenge asks to use the letters D-O-G in our creation.  Here's mine:

D - Dog
O - Orange
G - Gradient of color

I do believe I have a warped sense of humor.  And, I do believe you will be seeing this awesome background again.  I'm not going to put it away.  ;-)

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Okay-I had a really hard, hectic harvest day at work...came home late tonight and thought I would peek at a few cards in feedly...made it as far as this one and decided there is not another card to top this one,so I am leaving here with a big laugh out loud guffaw! Thanks for finishing my cruddy day off with this little wienie roast!!!

Katie Sims said...

Ok, I think you know I LOVE this, right? Genius to use that background stamp for your ultra cool Sloopy! :) Adorable, Kecia! This is like my Baxie....he is always roasting himself in whatever patch of sunshine there is in the house! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...