Monday, June 10, 2013

Dog Day Afternoon






















This is the final card I completed for Splitcoast's Virtual Stamp night.  The digital image, which is called "Dog Day Afternoon" from Karen's Doodles, seemed just perfect for JUN13VSNO's challenge, "Beach Bum".  The challenge is to create a card from this photo:

















See what I mean?  Perfect image...inspired too by the colors.

I printed the digital image "Dog Day Afternoon" from Karen's Doodles onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers.  I cut around the image with detailed scissors and placed it aside.

Using Pan Pastels, I created a cloudy sky background on a panel of white cardstock.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions "Hanging Out At the Beach" and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.

I cut some white cardstock with a Nestabilities die and allowed it to frame the clouds. I pop-dotted the frame to give some dimension and depth.  Then I placed my colored image onto the card, and framed the entire card with lime green and bright blue cardstock.  I finished the card with a bright sheer yellow bow.

I had a blast with Virtual Stamp Night.  It is not often I have the time to just create for fun.  I loved every minute of it...and now I am ready to enjoy summer.  I hope you've enjoyed my cards!

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

You really did have the perfect image for this challenge...makes me want to go out and purchase shades and hat for my lil' doggie! Super fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...