Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hopping Good News



I'm very excited to be joining the very talented DRS Designs Design Team!  I am honored they asked me and it should be fun creating cards with all of their wonderful images.  Go have a peek!

Here's my first card.  It is for their weekly challenge that is hosted on the DRS Designs Blog.  This week's challenge is called the "Great Outdoors".

For my card, I stamped the adorable "Frog on a Log" onto X-Press it cardstock.  I colored him with Copic markers.  I then cut around the log and frog with detailed scissors.  I stamped the image again onto an oval piece of X-Press It.  I colored the image again, including the water and the greenery.  I placed the frog and log onto the oval, thus creating a little dimension.  The cloudy blue sky was created with Pan Pastels. Then using Diamond Glaze, I created the shine on the water.  Looks pretty cool, in real life, I must admit.

The rest of the card is quite CAS.  I framed the beige cardstock and oval with black cardstock.  I did a little sponging around the beige with Adirondack Latte dye.  I added some Baker's Twine and a button.  

The sentiment is from DRS Designs and is called "UnFroggetable Birthday Greeting".  I inked a portion of the sentiment with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker.

I rounded the bottom corners with a punch.

Sure hope you can join DRS Designs for this week's challenge! 




2 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

Congrats, Kecia! As always your coloring is superb!

Jennifer E. said...

Fabulous first card! Love your work and can't wait to see more! Welcome to the DRS DT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...