Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Reading





















For JUN13VSNB's challenge, "Summer Toys", we were to make a card depicting one of our favorite summer time toys growing up.  Call me a nerd, but I read a lot during the summer.  It was a time to read things that hadn't been "assigned" during the school year.

For my card, I stamped My Favorite Things "Flopsey Reading" onto X-Press It cardstock using Marvy black dye.  I colored the image with Copic markers, and cut using detailed scissors.  I rearranged the image a bit...the books and Flopsey's location.

The background was made using a background stamp from Hero Arts.  I stamped it with Versamark onto white cardstock and dusted with Pan Pastels.

The sentiment is also from MFT's "Flopsey Reading". 

The panels were cut with a Nestabilities die, including the one with the bright blue cardstock.

Ribbon treatment completes this little shaped card.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...