Sunday, June 9, 2013

I Heart Art





































I am delighted to be the guest designer for this week's CAS challenge #224 on Splitcoast.  This week, we have been given a color challenge: melon mambo, crumb cake, pear pizzaz, white (hot pink, kraft, lt. yellow-green, white).

For my card, I decided to use a stamp set from Paper Smooches called "I Heart Art".  I stamped the easel image with Marvy black dye ink onto a piece of X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the "wood" on the easel with Copic markers.  I stamped the paint splatter image twice...once with Colorbox Lemon Grass pigment ink and once with Colorbox Pink pigment ink.  I added a pink rhinestone for a little bling.  I then cut around the easel with detailed scissors.

I placed the image onto a piece of kraft cardstock, rounded at the corners with a punch.  I drew with a Memento Tuxedo black marker the floor line.  Then, I stamped the sentiment, also from Paper Smooches, with Versafine Onyx Black onto the kraft base.  I finished the card by tying some Baker's Twine near the top of the card.

I hope you'll find the time to play along in this challenge.  It was a fun combination of colors.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  Lots more cards to share...I have had a great time making cards all weekend!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...