Monday, June 24, 2013

Lobster Bake






































Living in Ohio, I didn't even know what a lobster bake was until Googling the phrase and seeing some pictures.   I'm a very picky eater so I doubt if I would want to go to one anyway, LOL.  But, I thought I'd through my name in for the current CAS DT search over on Splitcoast...as a guest designer, because I had such fun doing it for the spring term. 

The challenge was to design a card using the typical colors associated with a lobster bake...red, yellow, and aqua or navy.  I seem to take these challenges so literally,  so I had to find a lobster image.  Believe it or not, I have none.   I did found this lobster image on children's coloring page from twistynoodle.com.  I printed the lobster onto X-Press It cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I did a little shading with a Prismacolor pencil.  Then, I cut around him with detailed scissors.  On a piece of white cardstock, I stamped a swirl from Stampabilities with Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye and sponged around the image.  I stamped a wave from Taylored Expressions with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass and sponged as well.  I added some crystal Stickles for the highlights.

The sentiment was cut with black cardstock from a Cuttlebug die.  I just thought it looked good...not sure I will ever need a thank you card with a lobster on it, LOL.   Perhaps I should have made a "thanks, but no thanks" card. 

But, THANKS for visiting my blog today!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...