Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Very Happy Bee Day!



I wanted to share a card I made with you from Anna Wight's new cling mount release, "Bee-lieve in a Cure" from Whipper Snapper Designs. Though this set is deemed a breast cancer set, it has a lot of versatility. I was able to make this birthday card from it, because of all of the different sentiments included in the set.



I actually was inspired by a piece patterned paper from Crate Paper. To me, those little hexagons look a lot like hives. So I decided to use this paper and then paired it with the image. (Usually, the image itself drives my creative process, and I frantically try to find patterned paper to pair it with after I've colored the image). I stamped the beehive with Marvy dye black ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers. I then used a Versamarker to cover over the image and then added clear embossing powder and heated. This protected the image, because I sponged some SeaShells Cloudy Blue dye ink around the image to create the faint clouds. I added the little bees around the hive with some other stamps from the set and colored them with Copic markers and added a touch of Stickles on their wings. I cut the panel around the image in the shape of a hexagon, to go along with the pattern in the patterned paper.

Additional panels of brown cardstock and of the Crate Paper patterned paper were also used to create the layout of this card. A corner punch, ribbon, and paper piercing helped to put the finishing touches on this card, along with the "Happy Bee-Day" sentiment from the cling mount set.

I had wanted to share this card with you yesterday on my "Bee-Day", but I was just too busy having fun. I guess that's a good thing, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...