Saturday, October 16, 2010
Trying to Bee Happy
It is ironic that I am posting this card during a fanny-kicking of my beloved Ohio State Buckeyes. Maybe I should send this card to myself, or to one of the hundreds of thousands of disappointed Buckeye fans.
I made the card earlier in the day, obviously WAAAAAAY before kickoff. I was inspired by the current Inspiration Challenge, IC254, on Splitcoast. Today the challenge featured a cookie site called Better Bit of Butter. Though I can't really say that one particular cookie inspired this card, it was merely the decorator's use of repetitive images. So, I once again reached for Anna Wight's cling mount set, "Bee-lieve in a Cure", from Whipper Snapper Designs.
I repeatedly stamped the bee image with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, with the help of my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I colored the bees with Copic markers and added just a touch of Stickles to their wings. Patterned paper from Creative Imaginations and an unknown source helped to make the panels. Sheer ribbon was added to the card, along with the sentiment, which is also from the cling mount set. I did a little sponging around the panels with SeaShells Peach Bellini dye ink.
Can't wait to "Bee Happy" again. (Sigh)