Friday, October 15, 2010

Bee-lieve in a Cure



I made a little part of this card every day this week, and I am delighted to have the opportunity to write about it on my much-needed, much-deserved three day weekend.

So many people are touched by breast cancer everyday, so it absolutely wonderful to have a chance to play with Anna Wight's cling mount set "Bee-lieve in a Cure", from Whipper Snapper Designs.



I stamped the adorable bee banner with Marvy black dye ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers and cut around the image with my Cutter-bee scissors. I stamped the sentiment, "Bee-lieve in Cure", also from the cling mount set onto the banner. I used Nestabilities dies to cut the oval shape and the oval-shaped scallop, using patterned paper from Bo-Bunny and Ally's Wonderland. I did some paper piercing around the oval.

I placed the oval dies onto a panel of brown cardstock. I adhered a ribbon strip the cardstock, and added some pink flower brads. I paper pierced around the brown panel, and then used a white gel pen to add some stitch-like marks.

The pink ribbon is actually an ampersand mark cut from the Cricut cartridge George. I just did a little additional cutting and can't believe what a nice ribbon it made.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I am looking forward to the rest of the weekend. And, I am certainly looking forward to the day when there is no more breast cancer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...