Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Black Cat Fright

Time for another Designer's Choice Challenge at Repeat Impressions. Rock Star Joy Hadden challenged us to make a nonstandard sized card using a Repeat Impressions image.

For my card, I went with a 4x4 square.  I brayered the following dye inks onto a piece of Georgia Pacific cardstock: SeaShells Cool Peri, Distress Ink Faded Jeans, and Brilliance Mediterranean Blue.  Along the bottom of the cardstock, I sponged Whispers Whisper Lilac ink.  I took some random gray and green Coloursoft pencils and drew in the grass.   Using a Nestabilities circle die, I cut the moon and sponged some Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye ink.  Using a small paper punch of a witch, I punched some black cardstock and place the witch onto the moon.

Finally, using Versafine Onyx Black, I stamped the Repeat Impressions image of "Black Cat" (2322-G) onto my spooky nighttime scene.  The cat's eyes were colored with a Lemon atyouSpica pen.  The scene's corners were rounded with a punch.  I framed the scene with a piece of black cardstock cut with another Nestabilities die.  I added a black bow for the final details of this card.



Like I've said before, I love making Halloween cards.  This one was a blast too.

Be sure to check out what the other Rock Stars created for this Designer's Choice Challenge.

Have a great day.  Here's hoping no black cats appear before you.  Bad luck, they say.

2 comments:

joy said...

WOW!!! What an amazing card! I love the how you have done the night sky and I appreciate how you detailed it! Thank you!

redwasher1 said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...