Thursday, October 10, 2013

Inspired by Autumn

It's Thursday!  Time for another challenge on the DRS Designs Blog.  This week the challenge is "Inspired by Autumn".  How easy is that with all of the beautiful fall colors and wonderful autumn images and sentiments available from DRS Designs?!

For my card today, I stamped DRS Designs "Medium Silhouette Leaf"  onto watercolor paper with Kaleideacolor Autumn Leaves dye ink.  I used my waterbrush to move the color around on the leaf.  Then I cut the image with my detailed scissors.

I applied Versamark watermark to the leaf and sprinkled UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel) over the leaf.  Using my heat gun, I melted this powder which left a clear shiny finish. I added a button and some hemp.

On a piece of kraft cardstock, I stamped the DRS Designs "Changing Leaves Thanksgiving Greeting"  with Versafine Onyx Black.

Additional layers on the card, include a darker piece of kraft cardstock, and kraft cardstock stamped with DRS Designs "Wooven Plaid" using Distress Ink Old Paper.  I paper pierced and faux stitched with a colored pencil.

Sure hope you are enjoying the fall leaves.  I love the colors this time of year.  I'm leaf obsessed!

1 comment:

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely love your designs! You're doing some brilliant work with the DRS Designs images! I'm a new follower! :) HUGS

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...