Sunday, March 17, 2013

Eye Shadow


There is a Spring DT call for CAS Challenge cards on Splitcoast Stampers.  The first challenge posted is to "see what you can do with things like paint, wet embossing, re-inkers, etc. Take out that acrylic paint you bought on sale....break out your favorite colored embossing powders....try out some crackle paint or rock candy from Ranger....use your water brush or a wet paintbrush with your kids' water color paints (the 99 cent store ones are awesome!) ...... anything as long as it's not the usual ink and stamp."  The challenge is inspired by the Macy's cosmetics department.

With cosmetics on my mind, I decided to use eye shadow as the "theme" of my card.  Using my newly purchased Spellbinders {die}velop Foto Frames & {die}alogue Bubbles Die Set from A Jillian Vance Design I cut a foto with black cardstock two times.  I used both the die cut and the negative to ensemble the cosmetic compact, adding a sheet of acetate for the "lid" (though not really visible from the photo).  Then, using a Nestabilities circle die, I cut four circles from Curious Metallic Ice Gold Cryogen cardstock (it has a sparkle to it).  Then, I applied various shades of blue/purple Pearl-Ex/Perfect Pearls (not something I normally color with) using Versamark Watermark and a brush.  I sealed the colors with Workable Fixative and hairspray. I pop-dotted the lid to the base.

I sacrificed an cosmetic applicator by adhering it on the edge of my eye shadow compact.  On a piece of Georgia Pacific white cardstock, I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches "I Heart Art" set with Versafine Onyx Black. Then with a solid paint stroke stamp from Hero Arts inked with Versamark Watermark, I stamped across a portion of the sentiment and added some blue Pearl Ex and sealed it.  I framed the entire card with black cardstock.



Definitely CAS, and definitely fun to make.  Hope you can join in on the fun.  Thanks for visiting my blog today! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very clever Kecia!! I see you are on your way to round 2 for the DT call - Yay! I can't wait to see what's next :~)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Very clever Kecia!! I see you are on your way to round 2 for the DT call - Yay! I can't wait to see what's next :~)
Lyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...