Friday, December 28, 2012

Shells


One of the reasons I love being on break is that it gives me time to play in my stamp room.  Just play.  Today, I played around with Splitcoast's F4A149 Challenge, rediscovering emboss resist.

So, in the true spirit of playing, I decided to emboss resist on kraft which resulted in the image being outlined in brown, rather than the typical white.  I went ahead and proceeded.

I stamped the shell image from Inkadinkado with Versamark Watermark onto kraft.  I applied clear embossing powder and heated with a heat gun.  I then used many, many inks to sponge and "color" the various shells and starfish in the image.  Inks such as Brilliance Moonlight White pigment, Brilliance Pearlescent Beige pigment, SeaShells Sandal dye, Adirondack Latte dye, Memento Desert Sand dye, and Whispers Whisper Pink dye. 

I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz distressing tool.  Framed it with an off-white/beige cardstock, which was framed with kraft that was dry embossed with a Spellbinders folder.  Other layers include a dry embossed off-white/beige cardstock with a Cuttlebug folder, with the largest panel being a light beige cardstock dry embossed with a Spellbinders folder. 

Finishing touches on this card include a sheer light beige ribbon and bow, along with a PSX sentiment stamped with Memento Desert Sand dye onto a torn piece of off-white/beige cardstock.

And, it should be noted, the photograph for this card was taken at approximately 10:45 pm.  Special thanks to my husband for getting me a light box for Christmas.  WOOT!



2 comments:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

kecia this is absolutely gorgeous, i love your muted colors, all of it is stunning.

Dina Kowal Creative said...

I felt the same way about that challenge, Kecia - it was so fun to just sit and play!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...