Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ornament in Blue

Repeat Impressions Rock Star Geri Utterback challenged us to use at least two shades of blue on our creations for the latest Designer's Choice Challenge.  You can read all about this challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.

I grabbed a bunch of blue Copic markers and went to work.  I stamped the Repeat Impressions image of "Ornament Frame" (3814-K) onto X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye ink.  I colored with Copic markers and did some shading and highlights with Prismacolor pencils.  I cut around the image with my Cutter-bee scissors.  I added an actual ornament hanger onto the ornament. 

I placed the ornament onto a piece of white cardstock that had been cut from a Nestabilities die.  I then placed this onto a white card back and adhered a sheer gray ribbon and bow.  I really think that by keeping everything white, the blue ornament really takes center stage on this card.



Though I hope you aren't feeling blue, I do urge you to check out the blue creations from the other Rock Stars:
 Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

1 comment:

Melody said...

Beautiful! Love the white with the pop of blue. Happy Holidays to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...