Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Doodling

Hey! Thanks to all of you that made it here for the first blog post. I'm happy to know that my stamping buddies have followed me over from the old blog.

As I was setting up this new blog, one night I was just randomly surfing stamping and scrapbooking blogs trying to look for some type of inspiration. Quite by accident, I landed on Stephanie Ackerman's blog entitled Homegrown Hospitality and quickly discovered that she is a doodler. I was quite taken by her work, and learned that she is offering an online course on doodling this summer. I quickly signed up. I was so excited because I've always been interested and intrigued by the art of doodling. Also, I thought that maybe it would loosen me up a bit, and help explore my creativity and get me out of the creative funk that I have been in for almost a month.

Allow me to share with you the results of our Week 1 assignment. Now, don't get too excited. These are Stephanie's doodles, not mine. Our assignment was to color them and add swirls, dots, dashes, etc. It was fun and relaxing. Stay tuned for the next eight weeks of my learning attempts at doodling. I can see some possibilities in terms of integrating this art with my stamping.



4 comments:

Karin said...

Ooh, I love these! Love all your little touches too, like the border with the hearts and swirls at the corners!

I'm off to work on Week 2 now -- which is perfect since I'm seeing a friend on her birthday tomorrow.

Lauri said...

Love your doodles!!!!! It is so fun....I could doodle all day!!

Jen said...

Great job on the doodles! I love all of the extras you added! Much braver than me (that's why I'm taking the class! LOL!!!). :)

1000 Goldens said...

Beautiful :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...