Tuesday, December 25, 2012

2012 Christmas Card


Merry Christmas to all of you!  Here's my 2012 Christmas card that I sent to family and friends.  I was finally able to finish them on Saturday and get them in the mail, so a few friends will have to pretend that they received this before Christmas rather than after.  Friends do that for cardmaking friends, at least I hope they do.  I was way behind this year...sick 4 out of the last 6 weekends.  Finally my never-ending illness was called "viral pneumonia" by my doctor last week, so needless to say I haven't been feeling up to much cardmaking lately.

This card was inspired by a card made by the talented Kathy Racoosin.

This card uses stamps from a variety of sources.  The "Santa Paws" set from Paper Smooches provide the adorable dachshund, Santa hat, bone and sentiment.  I stamped the dachshund with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored it with Copic markers and cut with my Cutterbee scissors.  Same exact thing with the hat, and then I adhered the hat to the dachshund.

Then, using white cardstock, I made the snowscene.  I sponged Distress Ink Tumbled Glass onto the strip of white cardstock.  I then stamped repeatedly two snowflake stamps from Stamps from Judith with the Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I added highlights to these snowflakes using a white Uniball Signo pen. I stamped the Paper Smooches "Fleas Navidad" was stamped onto the scene.  I then pop-dotted the "ground" that was cut with scissors and outlined with a light blue Copic marker.  I stamped the Paper Smooches bone onto the ground and colored with a Copic marker and then placed the dachshund into the scene.  I framed the scene with red cardstock.

The larger panel of the card was made with green cardstock that was stamped with a Penny Black stamp called "Scroll Pattern" with Distress Ink Peeled Paint.  I added some highlights with the white Uniball Signo pen. 



Thank you so much for visiting my blog on this Christmas Day. My husband, Sloopy and I wish you happiness and good health this holiday.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...