Sunday, August 4, 2013

Southwest Abstract





































One of my all-time favorite Terry Medaris images...."Southwest Abstract".  This too I colored at the beach, and boy did I have fun with this one.

I stamped "Southwest Art" with Stazon Jet Black onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth.  I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils.  I sprayed the image with workable fixative.  I used Terry Medaris' coloring book as a guide to color selection.  After all, he is the master.   I framed the image with black cardstock.

White cardstock forms the larger card panel.  It too was framed with black cardstock.  I punched a bubbles punch along a strip of black cardstock and added it to the card, along with three random rhinestones.

This was a super fun project!  Gotta ink this image again soon and play some more. 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

2 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

WOW, Kecia this is lovely...I like those bright colors. Great job...Hugz, joann

Turtle In The Sand said...

This is gorgeous. I am going to have to give this a try. It looks like so much fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...