Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lavender Peace on Earth





































This week on the DRS Designs Blog we are being challenged with the theme of "Lavender and Lace".

For my card, I used the beautiful DRS image of "Traveling Afar" with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the sky with Copic markers and then spritzed Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz over the entire image for some shine.  I added a swarovski crystal on the star.  I cut around the entire image with my Cutterbee scissors.

For the card panel, I used the "Belleek Inspired Technique".  I simply inked the inside of a Sizzix embossing folder (which I think looks like lace) with Whispers Whisper Lilac dye ink using a brayer.  I inserted a piece of white cardstock into the embossing folder and ran through the Cuttlebug.   I rounded two corners with a punch.

I framed the panel with black cardstock, also rounded with a corner punch.  A beautiful lavender ribbon and bow complete the details of this card.

I showed my husband this card.  He thinks it should be our Christmas card this year.  Hmm.

Sure hope you can join us on the DRS Designs Blog for the "Lavender and Lace" challenge.  Free stamps are up for grabs.

2 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Kecia, this is lovely...Wonderful Christmas Card...Hugz, joann

Shelia said...

Kecia I really like your lavender & lace card! The embossed background is so pretty with the image! I can understand why you husband wants this to be your card for this year! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...