Friday, November 26, 2010

A Special Day...Go Buckeyes!!!


Happy Game Day!!! The one we wait for all year long! GO BUCKEYES!!!

Today is really special. Not only is it The Game, but it is also my Dad's birthday. How incredibly cool is that? A home game against M!ch*g@n on my Dad's birthday. My Dad and I have gone together to Ohio State games for 27 years. A very special father-daughter thing that I wouldn't trade for the world.

So, in honor of my Dad's birthday...of course a card needed to be made. And, given it the day of The Game, it needed to be Buckeye style. (A side note...growing up, my Dad never wanted a store bought card, he always wanted me to make one for him, so perhaps, may paper-crafting can be credited to him).

I stamped the football player bear from Darcie with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers and cut the image out with Cutter-bee detailed scissors. I tried to color the uniform to match what the current Ohio State uniforms look like and not sell out to Nike.

Then, came the hard part. But as Woody Hayes used to say, "anything easy ain't worth a damn." So, the construction of the Block O began using black and scarlet cardstock. I am the most straight-edge, ruler-challenged person on earth and so to me, this was a painstaking doozy. But, I somehow drew it, measured it and once I put all of the Block O layers together, I added a little dotting around the Block O with a white gel pen. I also added a ribbon with a football brad from Paper Studio. I then made a little pennant with a silver strip of cardstock and a piece of Ohio State ribbon.

The inside sentiment is also from Darcie and reads "May your day be filled with touchdowns". YES!!!

Here's to a great day! Go Buckeyes!!! Beat scUM!!! Here's hoping for a victory to make this already special day, perfect.

1 comment:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Happy B-Day dad! Have a great time! I know how you feel. Dad's are just SO special!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...