Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halloween Valentine



There's a chance that my mind may be a little altered right now due to the cold medicine I am taking, but I came up with the warped idea to make a Halloween Valentine.

I was looking through some stamp sets and came across the set "Totally Witchin'" from My Favorite Things, which has the spider and spider web images. I then spotted the set "Falling for You", also from My Favorite Things with the sentiment "I'm Falling for You" and this card was born.

I used the current Sketch For You To Try challenge, 091810, for the layout. I stamped the spider and the web onto a panel with Colorbox Black Pigment ink and heat embossed with Judikins clear embossing powder. I used various panels of patterned paper, framed with black cardstock. I sponged around the orange patterned paper with some Hero Arts Soft Gray Shadow Dye ink. The sentiment was then stamped onto a circle that had been cut with a Nestabilities die and then was framed with a scalloped circle, also cut with a Nestabilities die. I added the white dots with a gel pen. I stamped the heart from Stampabilites onto some patterned paper and cut. A ribbon and some black brads were also used to embellish this card.

Okay, (cough) (cough) (sniffle) (sniffle). Back to bed I go. Thanks for visiting my blog. I promise, my blog itself is not contagious, just me.

1 comment:

Sue from Oregon said...

a very striking card! Hope you feel better soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...