Monday, December 15, 2014

Solitary Cardinal

A Jillian Vance Design, Kecia Waters, Whimsie Doodles, cardinal

It's Monday.  That means there's a post over on the A Jillian Vance Design blog detailing how I made this card.  I hope you visit.

Speaking of visits, I hope a cardinal visits me soon.  There's a little story behind this card.  A few days ago online, I saw mention of how cardinals are actually visits from a loved one who has passed.  Two years ago this week, I lost one of my dear friends to pancreatic cancer.  She is on my mind, and in my heart, and I miss her so much.  Out of all my friends, I thinks she appreciated my handmade cards the most. I miss sending her one, and hearing her thank you that followed. I think she would have liked this one.  I hope I see a cardinal in my yard at some point this holiday season.  I would like to think it would be a visit from Karen.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.

A Jillian Vance Design, Kecia Waters

1 comment:

nwilliams6 said...

Kecia, a great bg - so well done. A peaceful and sweet card. I hope you see cardinals soon too - how lovely that you keep your friend's memory so close. May hugz to you sweet friend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...