Friday, July 5, 2013

Summertime Candy Jars




















Sometimes, I love how a card turns out.  And this is one of those times.

The image is "Candy Jars" from Impression Obsession.  There's a lot to think about when coloring this image such as shadows, shading and reflections.  I haven't colored this since January 2011 and I do think I am improving in my coloring.  It is kinda fun to look back.

For this card, I stamped the image onto X-Press It carsdtock with Marvy black dye ink.  I colored the image with Copic markers and did some reflections/highlights with a white Prismacolor pencil.  I placed the image onto a base of kraft and added a strip of patterned paper from The Paper Studio.

The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.  Sheer yellow ribbon, a button and a piece of Baker's Twine put the finishing touches on this card. 

Hope you are having a sweet day!  Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...