Thursday, July 18, 2013

Stripes on a Candy Cane




































Even though it is only July, lots of card makers out there start thinking about the holidays.  The current challenge on the DRS Design Blog is "Stripes" so I thought ahead to the holidays and thought those minty little peppermint sticks would serve me well.

I stamped the DRS image of "Candy Canes"  with Marvy black dye ink onto Curious Metallics Cryogen white cardstock.  I colored it with Copic markers and cut out with detailed scissors.

I stamped the adorable sentiment from DRS Designs, "Candy Cane Greeting" with Marvy black dye ink onto Curious Metallics Cryogen white cardstock.  I colored a portion of it with Copic markers and cut with a Nestabilities die.  I framed the sentiment with black cardstock.

I placed the candy canes and sentiment onto a piece of paper pierced, faux-stitched kraft that is framed with black and red cardstock.  A red and white striped ribbon was added to the card as a finishing touch. 

1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Kecia this is adorable. I love the candy canes they are a fav of mine. That faux stitching is wonderful...Hugz, joann

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...