Thursday, July 11, 2013

Feeling Blue




































You will want to check out the DRS Designs Blog to see information about the latest challenge...to create a card that is monochromatic.

As I was coming up with an idea for a card, I took a look at my DRS Designs interlocking circle background stamp and thought they looked like bubbles.  I went with it.  I stamped repeatedly on a strip of white cardstock with Distress It Tumbled Glass and Vivid Bermuda Blue.  I sponged the strip with Distress It Tumbled Glass.  I framed the strip with blue cardstock and placed it onto a white piece of cardstock also framed with blue cardstock.

Some white bubbles were created with a Nestabilities die.  I randomly added some crystal dewdrops as well.

I thought these bubbles needed a fish, so I stamped a new fish image from DRS Designs onto a piece of X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the fish with Copic markers and cut around the fish with detailed scissors.  He is pop-dotted into this bubble scene.

A sheer blue bow and button complete the card.

Am I feeling blue?  Not really.  Just wanted to make some bubbles.  Thanks for visiting my blog today!

3 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Now how sweet is this...I love the image and this is just such an adorable card....Hugz, joann

Turtle In The Sand said...

How creative. Isn't it just fun to sit and stamp all over a paper and see what you can create. That little fish is precious.

KathyB said...

I love your card. I can't find the fish image in DRS designs shop. Is it not out yet?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...