Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Joy To The World


Repeat Impressions Rock Star Karen Hasheck challenged us to make a holiday card using nontraditional colors for the latest Designer's Choice Challenge.  You can read all about this challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.

For my card, I decided to go green, blue, gold and kraft.  I stamped the Repeat Impressions image of "Ornament Frame" (3814-K) onto kraft with Marvy black dye.  I cut around it with my Cutterbee scissors.  With a black marker, I drew the continents onto the ornament and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  I stamped "Ornament Frame" (3814-K) again onto a piece of gold cardstock with Marvy black dye. I cut around the top of the ornament lid and adhered to the ornament made from kraft.    An actual ornament hanger was used to complete the ornament.

Using Cuttlebug dies, I cut the letters "J" and "Y" from kraft so that I could spell the word "Joy".  I placed these letters onto a piece patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  I paper pierced around this panel and faux stitched with a colored pencil.  This panel was then framed with kraft.  A golden ribbon and bow put the finishing touches on this card.


Be sure to check out the following Rock Stars for some more holiday inspiration:


As always, thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

3 comments:

Cheri said...

This is so creative and fabulous,Kecia. I love the details and that touch of a real ornament hanger is a perfect embellishment.

joy said...

Love the little hanger -- its so cute!

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card and love all the details!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...