Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cornucopia


(If you are here for the Repeat Impressions Sketch Challenge, scroll down)

It's Hambo Hoedown Time!

For this week's challenge, we are to use burlap in our creations.

A total first for me.  I went to Hobby Lobby and learned that burlap comes in many colors.  Gotta tuck that information away for future reference.  I decided to get a light beige burlap, and incorporated it into my project.

The beautiful image is "Cornucopia" from Hambo Digital Stamps.  I printed it onto X-Press It cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers, along with some shading and highlights with Prismacolor pencils.  Crystal Stickles also adds some sparkle and highlights to the image.

Using the easel card tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers, I constructed my base and card front with burlap, patterned paper from Lasting Impressions, brown cardstock and kraft.  A circle Nestabilities was used to cut the circle, and paper piercing and faux-stitching was done with a colored pencil.  A rich rust ribbon was also used.

I used two of the three sentiments included in "Cornucopia" from Hambo Digital Stamps.  I printed them onto kraft, with the sentiment on the base being cut by a Nestabilities die.



I hope you can join in on all of the fun with us at the Hoedown this week. All of the challenge details can be found right here on the Hoedown Blog.  Remember you must use Hambo images to play along...but that's easy to do (there are some freebies here if you don't have any). If you play along this week, you will be sent next week's Hoedown image for free.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!  

7 comments:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Kecia your card is absolutely gorgeous, the faux stitching is amazingly real looking and I just love your use of the burlap, beautiful.xx

Charlene Mitchell said...

LOVE this card Kecia! What fabulous inspiration for the challenge this week. I love how you used the burlap a couple of different ways - you're now a pro! Thanks for the inspiration!

Annette Witherspoon ♥ said...

This is gorgeous!Love those colors against the burlap. Did you recently redesign your blog? I love the vibrant colors!

Anonymous said...

Kecia, this truly awesome! You mastered that burlap ( mine raveled until all I had was twine :-/ ) the coloring is incredible. Just all around wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration!
lyn

Judy Rozema said...

I SO totally love this and how you used the burlap. Simply so neat~!

Deborah Anton said...

Gorgeous! I love the burlap window and your coloring shows it off well! Awesome!

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Kecia-I absolutely love this burlap treatment coupled with the gorgeous coloring!
Carolyn

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...