Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hey Cowgirl!



You can probably tell that I had to go back to work this week. The cards come at a slower pace when that happens. I sure do appreciate all of you who stick with this blog, even during these slow times.

I was delighted, however, by the gift of a snow day yesterday, so I was able to do some creating. This is a card I made for a dear friend, who just happens to be celebrating her 51st birthday today. The Cowgirl theme, well, that's just an inside joke.

The image is from Terry Medaris. It is stamped with Stazon jet black onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and is colored with Prismacolor pencils. The star was cut from a template I made using my Cricut (that the recipient of this card gave me for Christmas!!!). The sentiment is computer-generated. Patterned paper and black cardstock were also used to complete this card, along with a piece of twine.

Thanks for looking. Happy Trails to you, until I post again.

2 comments:

laos348 said...

Really fun card! The background and extra touches are just perfect!

Debbie said...

Holy horse plop, this card is freakin' awesome! Fantastic use of color. Love, love, LOVE the colors you used and love how you blended them. Terry would be so proud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...