Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bright Hearts



This was a card that was inspired by the Inspiration Challenge #213 on Splitcoast. I was inspired by the following pendant found in the Spirit Lala Etsy store. I was attracted to the bright, bold colors and also the collage effect. I had an image from Stampotique of a heart within a framed polka-dot background, and this card took off from there. I used other heart images from Hero Arts, Hampton Arts, Stampabilites, Stamps by Judith and $1 stamps to build around the main Stampotique image.

The Stampotique image was stamped in Stazon jet black and colored with Prismacolor pencils. The background was colored with Copic markers, as well as most of the other collage images. The Hero Arts image of the heart branches was stamped with Marvy markers after coloring the background with Copic markers. A white gel pen was used to highlight around many of the images.

Thanks so much for coming to visit this blog. I hope this card brightens your day. It took me on a fun, creative journey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...