Saturday, April 9, 2011

Faux Cloisonne Hummingbird


As promised, I have another card to show today. Though a very easy card to make, it took all week for me to get the colors and layout right.

The hummingbird is a Terry Medaris image. I stamped it with Versamark onto a picture from a gardening/outdoors type of catalog (If you look closely, you might see part of a frog statue). I then heat embossed with gold embossing powder and cut around the image. This technique is called "Faux Cloisonne" and I thought it would be interesting with this image.

Patterned paper from Lasting Impressions and Scrapping Sports and More are used for the panels of this card, along with some shiny gold cardstock from my Hollo's stash.

To put some finishing touches on the card, I used a flower from Michael's Recollection line and a bow. I didn't want to detract from the image too very much.

Thanks for stopping by to look at my card. I did intend on sharing one more card with this image today, but let's just say Martha Stewart Glitter Glue leaves a lot to be desired. I'll see if I can work things and perhaps share later.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

Love your pretty card and the CAS design certainly works nicely with the awesome hummingbird. What a great technique! So many things to try!!!
Thanks for sharing! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...