Saturday, January 1, 2011

Yellow Rose


Happy New Year, Everyone!

My husband asked me to make a birthday card for his grandma. She'll be celebrating her 85th birthday in just a few days, and he shared with me that she loves yellow roses.

So, I dusted off this precious Penny Black image that I used for my Christmas cards in 2009 and inked it with Marvy black ink onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers.

I wrote 85th with a Memento marker on the tag, and the sentiment is a stamp from Rubber Soul. The patterned paper is from DCWV and is framed with black cardstock. Some lace and a ribbon help complete the card.

Thanks to the current Forgotten Stamp Friday Challenge, FSF04, I remembered having this image.

And, please note...that the blue and yellow color scheme of this card in no way represents my affiliation or endorsement of "that team up north". I just can't stand how well those two colors look together...at least they look pathetic on the football field.

Off to watch the Rose Bowl now. Brings back some good memories ('97).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...