Monday, January 31, 2011

Bubbling With Excitement



I am so honored to announce that I was selected to be on The Stamping Boutique's Design Team, alongside some other incredibly talented paper crafters. I love coloring Tracey Malnofski's images as they are so whimsical and fun. This should be a fun ride during the next six months, so visit me often for updates and new projects.

My official start day for The Stamping Boutique is February 1, but I couldn't wait to get started, so I decided to jump in a day early and participate in the current Critter Sketch Challenge, which happens to be a challenge that The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring. Hope you have a chance to play along too. I just love getting a sketch and having it work so well with an image. That's what happened with this card...

For this challenge, I selected TSB image "Dawn" and printed it onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers. For a little sparkle, I highlighted some of the fins with Stickles. I then cut around the circle, and for the other two circles of the sketch, I simply used a circle Nestabilities die to cut two pieces of white cardstock. I colored them with Copics also, hoping to add to the underwater feel I trying to achieve. Patterned paper from Bo Bunny makes the large panel of the card, and the side ric rac is actually cut from a piece of Lasting Impressions patterned paper. Small crystal beads and a sheer ribbon help put the finishing touches on this card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and allowing me to share my happy news with you.

7 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the pretty colors! Congrats on the new DT!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love it and congrats!

Heide said...

Kecia,
What a beautiful card, I love the underwater feel you get from it.

Moira said...

Congrats on making the TSB Design Team!!

Your card is beautiful.. makes me want to so somewhere tropical!!

Thanks for joining us at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog.. hope to see you again next week!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful coloring on a fab card! Congrats on making the DT! Thanks for playing with us at Critter Sketch this week!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Ohhhh dreamy!!! This is just stunning!! I was going to make up this image too, but now I don't want to because yours is INCREDIBLE!! LOL! Love it!

Colleen said...

So pretty - it looks just like the ocean! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenges!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...