Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Rose Bowl Strut


I am so sorry I haven't posted in almost a month, but I've been very busy mass-producing times 40. A lot of work, but I'm pleased with the results.

I entered into the month of November without a solid idea for my 2009 Christmas card. However, once my beloved Buckeyes clinched a spot in the Rose Bowl, I knew my holiday card would have a Ohio State feel to it. My personal challenge was to celebrate the Rose Bowl berth, but yet have it still look Christmas like. I think I pulled it off.

This adorable image is from Penny Black. I have had this image for years, in anticipation/hope of perhaps using it one day for the Rose Bowl. I stamped the image onto coated paper with Marvy Dye black ink. I colored the image with Copic markers. Layers of patterned paper and black cardstock were used to create this card (along with almost a whole bottle of Zip Dry Paper Glue and rolls and rolls of doublesided tape). Ribbon was also used to adorn the card. I initially used plaid ribbon, to bring out all of the red in the rose, but then ran out of that ribbon and had to switch to gold. The inside sentiment reads, "Tis the season".

Here's wishing all of you a very happy holiday season. And, a resounding "Go Buckeyes! Beat the Oregon Ducks!"

1 comment:

Corie said...

WOW -- what a beautiful card -- love it

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...