Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sow Soo-eet Piggy


I was absolutely right when I predicted it would take me a couple days to recover from going back to work. Cheers for the weekend, a.k.a. cardmaking time, or neglecting-everything-else-I-should-be-doing time.

To add to my Valentine card stash, I thought it would be fun to ink up this adorable image from High Hopes, called "Sow Soo-eet Piggy". I stamped the image with Marvy black dye ink onto Neenah Solar White cardstock, cut with a Nestabilities die. I colored the image with Copic markers. I used a Copic marker to add the little dots around the frame.

The current sketch challenge on Splitcoast, SC314, was used for the layout of the card. Patterned paper from Bo Bunny, Making Memories and Me and My Big Ideas were used for the various panels of this card. One of the panels was embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. Again, a Copic marker added the little dots around the outermost frame.

The sentiment was computer-generated, taken directly from the given name of this stamp. Cracks me up! Sheer white ribbon (my go-to ribbon) adds the final details to this card.

I have about three cards swimming around in my mind that I want to do. Check back for more soon. And, as always, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I hope you too are having a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...