Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sketch Poppies

Rubbernecker, Kecia Waters, watercoloring, poppies, Tombow markers
So, you can gather that watercolor isn't really my thing...yet.  I do enjoy it, but admit I do have trouble not having control and coloring outside the lines.  But, I have some time on my hands right now, and today's IC538 on Splitcoastampers took me to an artist that inspired by to mimic her style.

I had the perfect stamp set from Rubbernecker called "Sketch Poppies".  I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black onto watercolor paper from Marco's.  I then scribbled several colors of Tombow markers onto an acrylic block and proceeded to watercolor with this ink with a brush and water.  The sentiment, also from "Sketch Poppies", was stamped as well with Versafine Onyx Black.

Now, where are my Copics?  LOL. This was a true departure from my style.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...