Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cool Dog

I don't know about you, but I sure could go for a float on the water with beverage in hand, just like the dog in this new adorable image from Hambo Stamps called "Cool Dog" (4904).

I stamped "Cool Dog" (4904) with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut around the image.  Then, with my Copics I colored three strips of X-Press It cardstock with various blues.  I used a circle punch and cut partial and random indentations along one side of each strip and edged with a black Copic marker to form the rocking waves.  (I saw this tip on Pinterest, and I absolutely love it because I don't have a wave die and I really like how the waves aren't as uniform as wave dies...more true to life).

I then place my waves, and Cool Dog floating on the waves, onto a piece of patterned paper from TPC Studio.  I framed my scene with white cardstock and another panel of patterned paper from TPC Studio.

The sentiment is from Hambo's digital set "Snorkel Boy" .  I drew a cloud-like shape around the sentiment with a Memento Tuxedo black marker and cut.  I place my cloud into my scene.  Baker's Twine was added along the bottom of the card for the finishing touches.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  I hope you have a happy day!

(On a personal note, thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes.  My husband was discharged on Thursday.  I am now catching up on my sleep, my stamping and of course, taking card of him as he recovers.  He is getting stronger every day.  Nurse Sloopy...a "Cool Dog" herself, has been wonderful.  Perhaps this card should be for her.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...