Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No Designer Paper, But With Sassiness



I so needed a day off, and I am so grateful for President's Day. I spent some of my day coloring, which is exactly what I wanted to do and needed to do.

I decided to take a look at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #102 for some inspiration. The challenge was to make a card without using designer paper. Sort of cool to give this a try.

I printed Sassy Cheryl's digital image of "Mother's Day Flower" onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers. I cut the image panel with a Nestabilities die and paper pierced around it. I used kraft and yellow cardstock for the card panels, thus adhering to the challenge. I tied a very bright ribbon around the card, and stamped the word "Enjoy" from Stampendous using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I drew a couple of hearts (though not as good as Cheryl's) around the sentiment.

So much fun! And exactly how many days are there until spring break? (sigh)

2 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

She is just as cute as can be! Love that fun ribbon and your coloring is fantastic Kecia!!

The Wired Angel said...

Love the sassiness you've created. Your card is adorable and perfect for the challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week. Thanks so much for joining us and hope to see you again in next week's challenge too. Have a fantastic day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...