Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Special thanks for visiting my blog today! I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you a card I made using the image "Kiyana" from Rubbernecker's 2010 African American release.
I stamped Kiyana on X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye and colored her with Copic markers. I then proceeded to cut around the image using my Cutter-bee scissors. Then, with Google's help, found a line map of the continent Africa. I printed it onto X-Press It cardstock and sponged it with the following dye inks: Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, Adirondack Butterscotch, Adirondack Sunset Orange, and Distress Ink Fire Brick. I cut around the image also with my Cutter-bee scissors.
The sentiment is also from Rubbernecker Stamps, the 2011 release of Old Characters. It was stamped directly onto Africa using Versafine Onyx Black.
The images were then arranged onto a piece of beige textured cardstock. I paper pierced around this panel, and then framed it with black and light brown cardstock. An orange rhinestone completes the card, which was placed onto Africa.