Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Kitchen Came with the House



Sadly, this card's sentiment rings so true. And, I'm guessing in a few years I might look like this too. So much to look forward to as we grow older.

I'm delighted to share this card with you. Nothing like having a three day weekend to fuel my stamping soul. I was so in need of a break from the fast pace of back-to-school!

The sentiment and image on this card both come from Rubbernecker Stamps. The lady is called "Edna in the Kitchen" and the sentiment is "came with the house", both from the 2011 Old Characters line. Paired together, they crack me up!

I stamped Edna onto Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock using Marvy black dye ink. I colored her with Copic markers and cut around her with my Cutter-bee scissors.

I used a Nestabilities circle die to cut a circle from a piece of Lasting Impressions cardstock. I stamped the sentiment onto the circle. I paper pierced around the circle. I also used a Nestabilities die to cut the scalloped circle from white cardstock.

The aqua piece of patterned paper (sorry, unknown source...it was a scrap) was dry embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I also paper pierced around the panel.

I place Edna onto the card, and for finishing touches, placed three white brads, with a Copic colored yellow center (to resemble eggs) and a small Baker's Twine bow onto the card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today, and sticking with me during my busiest time of year. Cooking? Who has time to cook right now?

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Kecia...this is a crack up. Hee Hee. The eggs are the perfect embellishment. Love those. Great coloring.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Adorable! Love your fried egg embellishments! This sentiment fits our Jenny to a 'T' - she even has a tote bag with this sentiment on it! Too funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...