Friday, June 24, 2011

Sun Dance


With all of the rain we've been having, I'm thinking I will break out in dance the next time the sun comes out.

That's just what Demetri, from the Rubbernecker Stamps African American Collection, is doing on this card. I stamped the image with Versamark and Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock. I heat embossed the image with Judikins clear embossing powder. I then colored Demetri with Copic markers. After I completed that, I covered Demetri with Versamark ink, using a Versamarker, and applied and heated clear embossing powder again to create a mask for sponging.

I sponged the following dye inks onto the cardstock to create background: SeaShells Conch Shell, Adirondack Lemondade, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, Distress Ink Wild Honey, Adirondack Butterscotch, and Adirondack Rust. I then used a reverse mask of a circle, to create further definition for the sun.

The sentiment is also from Rubbernecker Stamps. An orange rhinestone was also adhered to the card, and then the card was mounted to a black cardstock frame.

This card was inspired by the current sketch challenge, #338, on Splitcoast.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope this card brought a little sunshine your day...I know I got a little Vitamin D just from making it.

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my...you did a fabulous job on this, Kecia!!!! Your coloring is beautiful on the image and what a gorgeous background!!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...